Staff Accountant - Scottsdale
Scottsdale Contracting Company hiring a Staff Accountant to their team. Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions, including but not limited to monthly account reconciliations, allocations, inter-company transactions, A/R and A/P, and well as other day to day accounting duties.
- Maintains reconciliations of general ledger accounts and supporting backup and documentation.
- Balance and reconcile general ledger with subsidiary ledgers including job cost, equipment cost, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Work with project teams to maintain current and accurate work in process information.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Maintain debt and lease schedules.
- Maintain fixed asset detail.
- Assist Accounting Manager and CFO with monthly financial reporting preparation.
- Prepare multi-state privilege tax returns.
- Prepare and maintain property tax returns.
- Cross train with other accounting team members in payroll and accounts payable areas.
The Staff Accountant will play an important role in process improvements and special projects. This position will be actively involved with all functions of the Accounting department.
- 2+ years of General Ledger accounting experience.
- Experience with Viewpoint Construction software.
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with or without direction, and prioritize tasks to meet stringent deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are imperative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel.