Construction Superintendent - Phoenix
Phoenix Construction company seeking a Construction Superintendent to work on-site at their commercial construction sites. The Superintendent is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety, schedule, and a comprehensive knowledge for the day to day field operations for their assigned projects including planning, coordinating, sequencing work, procurement of materials, and supervising subcontracts and vendors to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to the company’ s quality standards.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicating with the project team.
- Ensure the subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
Construction Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors daily. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and complaint work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel. Superintendent shall have supervised all Assistant-Superintendents.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Blueprint reading.
- Endurance and he ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Interpersonal skills – focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Phoenix, AZ – Salary DOE